Don’t forget to click the photos for clear images
I’m in the hunt for cheaper dupe and alternative of MAC Studio Fix Powder. I’ve read a lot of reviews and good feedback about the FS TWO-WAY CAKE FOUNDATION. So been raving to get one and try out the product, I went to FS Cosmetics SM Makati and I got the shade in “ORLEANS”. NOTE: I have combination skin. I get oily on my t-zone area every 2 hours even without any make-up on and whether the weather is cold or hot.
PACKAGING: As you can see the compact is very detailed. And it has the same packaging with MAC STUDIO FIX which comes in black matte container, very sturdy with the safety lock which prevents the product from breaking.
It also includes mirror and sponge.
By the way I hate using low quality sponge which always comes in the packaging. I’m so irritated. But with this one, I love how soft and dense the sponge is. I like using it in a “dabbing motion” always at first application before re-touching using a powder brush.
The powder is fine milled, which really helps to hide imperfection. The coverage is really nice; it has a yellow undertone which is suitable for all FILIPINA skin types. Also, it did set the foundation without looking cakey. As for the fragrance, it has a vanilla scent which I really love. It has Vitamin E, SPF 35+ and PA+++ If ever you hit the pan,you can get a refill for only P299.00.
Now my verdict after the road test using different application:
(a) As a setting powder with PRIMER, MATTE FOUNDATION, and BB Cream. I got oily on my t-zone area after 6 hours – which maybe expected because of the primer and matte foundation that I have on my face. I just blot twice within my 9 hours shift, and then re-touch after blotting without looking cakey. Lasting power is really great.It did set with the foundation. With the POND’s BB CREAM, I had to blot 3-4 times on my t-zone area every 2 and a half hour. Maybe because of the oil-in-water emulsion of the “Beauty Balm” that’s why I tend to oil up much easily NOTE: If you have oily skin and you blot – re-application isn’t much needed with this product.I super LOVE the coverage.
WET SPONGE application
- Using the product alone, I noticed that it did cover the blemishes and hides my pores.
- Very light-weight
- I love how it smoothly glides on my face.
- Very easy to blend
- It has a medium coverage.
- On the photo you can see that natural effortless “matte looking” finish
- Doesn’t give you a white cast
- Lasting power: In an air-conditioned room 5-6 hours without me getting oily and 3 hours outdoor.
- Too much application will leave you a white cast and tend to look cakey
DRY SPONGE/POWDER BRUSH application
- Gives you a natural canvas
- Using the powder alone will give you a white cast.Click the “AFTER” photo above and you can see a white patches.
- Doesn’t cover much of the blemishes, redness/purple & bluish discoloration ,major acne problem or scars
- Lasting Power: 1-2 hours both air-conditioned room or outdoor.Good for short errands.
- Re-application is much needed due to short span
- The coverage is really great (for me this is good as a SETTING POWDER)
- Lasting power 4-5 hours
- Re-touch isn’t needed
- It’s not cakey
- It doesn’t transfer – even when you oil up/sweating
- With an mediocre oil control
- With Vitamins SPF 35+++ PA+++
- Very affordable
- Scent like VANILLA
- Very sturdy packaging
- Has a glowing effect – smooth canvas
- Blends really well on the skin
- Yellow undertone
- Available in all drug store and Department stores (PHILIPPINES ONLY)
- Good for everyday use – such a must have in your daily routine
- Has different shades to choose from
If you’re on a tight budget and you want to find a product that works almost the same as with MAC STUDIO FIX without spending P1,800 then I highly recommend this.As for the price it is only P399.00 Refill: P299.00 , for those who have oily skin this is a must have on your daily routine.